Sunday, May 11, 2008

Why this blog

It got created because of two things.

First, one of my co-speakers at a Web 2.0 conference had his talk titled as "Whats law got to do with it" - and that got the song worm embedded in my head. Its been ages since I heard that Tina Turner song, I mean, the one thats got the love word, but it is a powerful song, and the song worm kind of settled in my brain.

Second, I met this CIO friend of mine, someone whom I worked with in the my previous avatar as a IT manager, and while I was gushing about web 2.0, I noticed a glazed look come into his eyes - and he wondered aloud - "But whats that got to do with me?" . Plenty, I thought, as I tried to answer him.

And I thought, he is so right. There are so many times when technology comes along, bursting at the horizon, and there are many of us who are caught wondering. Will this effect me? Should I know about it? Should I care? Where do I begin?

Its for times like this that I would like to blog about. Of course, I can only write about stuff I know, or I think I know, and I will learn as a I blog, but hopefully, some of you would do too with me - and some of you would teach me.

-Sangeeta

No comments: